explainnig the 'tense'

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

Sammy

explainnig the 'tense'

Unread post by Sammy »

Hi,
I would like to explain the English tense through games and activities. The approach is the inverted pyramid, i.e through games and activities you arrive at the concept. How do I go about it?
Appreciate your help.

Thank you
Jenniferfhughes

Re: explainnig the 'tense'

Unread post by Jenniferfhughes »

The tenses simply show the time of an action or state of being as shown by a verb. The simple tenses are used to show permanent characteristics of people and events or what happens regularly, habitually or in a single completed action. The continuous tenses are used when talking about a particular point in time. Sometimes you need to give just a little bit more information about an action or state and that is where the perfect tenses come in.
LeesaJohnson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: explainnig the 'tense'

Unread post by LeesaJohnson »

You can search Tense charts online, It will help you in writing sentences. You should choose English grammar books whose written material is simple and easy to understand. After reading books, you can easily learn tenses and other grammar topics.
The tense of a verb indicates the time of an action or event. The word “tense" comes from Latin word tempus which means time.