traditional teaching versus technology

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

waterrat

traditional teaching versus technology

Unread post by waterrat »

A question on a test paper refers to a new student who speaks very little English and understands only very simple English, the student wishes to study English for eventual entry into university. what is best for the student, to learn in a small classroom group using traditional teaching methods or to learn through modern technology, i.e a text to audio program, where the student will learn to listen and write.

Steve
saedi

Re: traditional teaching versus technology

Unread post by saedi »

If you teach a language in by using modern technology, certainly it will be acceptable to test your students by modern one. First of all, you need those tools & then having questions.
lorettawales

Unread post by lorettawales »

Traditional teaching is good but as the technology advances, we need to go according to it. Students love to learn that way and they find learning really interesting. So technology can create miracles in the field of teaching.
Last edited by Susan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To remove commercial, irrelevant link
zohaa

Unread post by zohaa »

I have been teaching literature and writing for 10+ years in public schools and various colleges. I'm looking for input from those who are knowledgeable in this TESL certification. I would like to teach overseas in the new school year. I hold a CT certification in English 7-12 and an MA in Education do I also need the TESL certification to teach overseas. Is it helpful? Are there any other seasoned English teachers out there who have done this? I would love your advice.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest 70-487 - latest dump and high quality.