Pen Pals for American Students?

Active teacher (and student) topics are at ESL Forums

Moderator: Joe

MissHolland

Pen Pals for American Students?

Unread post by MissHolland »

Hello, My name is Ms. Holland and I teach 9th grade English in the United States. I was hoping to find international pen pals for my 43 students (ages 14-15). They live in a fairly rural area, and many of them have never left their own community. They are very excited about the opportunity to write to students from other countries.

I believe this will be a great experience for them that will enrich their lives and help encourage an interest in writing. A couple of my students are on a lower reading level and would very much benefit from this. It may also be a good experience to help another class practice their English through written conversation as well.

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing from you. :D
oumassia

Re: Pen Pals for American Students?

Unread post by oumassia »

Hello Ms Holland.My name is Ms Laila Taik.I'm an English teacher from Morocco.
My students are 9th Graders as well.They are aged 12 to 15 .and I have almost the same number of students who are interested in writing letters since they are two classes.We have already started the penpal project and some of them already wrote their letters ..just waiting the confirmation of their american partners(I have been looking pertinantly for a native speaker till i found the English club.
Besides we could ellaborate our partnership to exchange a mail package containing items of our cultures,letters,icons readers articles,postcards,drawings,posters,flags,small objects... (I used to do that with my former classes)I call this project CULTURE EXCHANGE PACKAGE. Re
If you are interested in any of my projects please email me for more info about me or the projecs
Looking forwards to hearing a positive answer.
Warm regards from Morocco
Laila
carlosantonelly

Unread post by carlosantonelly »

Hello Ms. Holland,

I'm English Teacher 9th grade here in the coast of Ceara in Brazil and I would like to participate with my students of the Pen Pal project. If you are interested please send an e-mail.

Thanks

André Sampaio
email: carlos.antonelly@gmail.com.
55 88 97275562
rickie

Unread post by rickie »

Hello Ms. Holland,

I am an ESL Teacher in Indonesia. I was also thinking about starting a penpal program with my students. I am from the U.S., specifically Chicago, and wanted to connect my students to native speaking teens. If you are interested please send me a message. My students nationalities range from Indonesian, Chinese, and Korean.
AZobbe

Unread post by AZobbe »

Hello,
I teach English to a group of Danish students age 14-15.
We would very much like pen friends in the USA.
Kind regards
AZobbe
MissHolland

Unread post by MissHolland »

Hello everyone! I have tried contacting a couple people who replied and have not received an answer yet. So, I thought I might post this before contacting anymore (since I'm sure some of you already have pen pals by now). Please let me know if you are still interested and I will reply as quickly as possible.

I have 44 students now (I just received a new student)
Classes end at the end of May.

Thanks again for your interest! I really appreciate it!
johnsimpson
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Unread post by johnsimpson »

Hello everybody! I'm a second language teacher based near Moscow on the west, in Russia. I privately teach small groups of children and teenagers English, so a variety of ages. I would be interested in my students receiving and sending emails to pen-pals from anywhere in the world. Their levels vary from elementary (C2) to upper intermediate (B2)
waleeedi

Unread post by waleeedi »

I've come across a lot of live online language portals! I have tried out a few of them and have had success and many of my colleagues have also and some have not... Anyone have experience with these portals? Which ones would you suggest?
waleeed
missgevi

Unread post by missgevi »

Hi everybody! I'm looking for penpal friends for my students.I teach students from 9th - 11th grade in High school of Arts in Bulgaria. They are aged between 15-18 years old. My classes are between 21-26 students. My students are talented in singing, painting, playing on different instruments. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me on miss_g@abv.bg ; Subject: penpals.

Greetings from Bulgaria :D
GeekGirl

Unread post by GeekGirl »

Hello,

I am a student in England- Liverpool- I am 16 and I am looking for an American pen pal. If anyone has any pen pal opportunities open I would love to discuss this. My email is fayejonesy99@gmail.com. I really am very interested in this as I hope it to be an enriching experience.

Thank you,
Faye Jones.
nieves

Unread post by nieves »

Hi! I'm an English teacher in Spain. I have 51 3rd graders. We are located in the capital, Madrid. I would like for my students to write to pen pals from another country.
Let me know if our idea is interesting for you.
My email is: nievesvelas@gmail.com
Thanks;)
angelesmarco

Unread post by angelesmarco »

Dear Ms. Holland,
my name is Angeles Marco and I am a Math/English teacher in Asturias, Spain. I am really excited about your idea of exchanging pen pals with your kids. I have a group of 19 really nice students who live in Noreña which is not a big city. I think that´s why they´re pretty calm although they are eager to travel, to know new people and their customs, talk about animals, music,....We've been to England together and the experience was simply GREAT. I´d really like to get our children to know each other.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes.
Ángeles.
chameleon

Unread post by chameleon »

Hello everyone, I am an Eng. Teacher from Morocco. I woulf be glad to exchange with you experiences. Here is my email: abdelghaffarlaftouhi@gmail.com
farudinburhan

Unread post by farudinburhan »

Hi Ms.Holland,

My name is Lucas, I'm an English teacher from Indonesia. My students are grade 8, I would like to have the pen pal activities with your students. Please let me know. You can email me at lucasburhan@yahoo.com as well. Thank-you :D