Exploring the Power of Words: Discussing the Impact of Literature in Our Lives

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

mangoesrealtor

Exploring the Power of Words: Discussing the Impact of Literature in Our Lives

Post by mangoesrealtor »

Hi,

As members of the English Club, we all share a passion for language and literature. I thought it would be interesting to start a thread where we can dive deep into the world of words and explore the profound impact that literature has had on our lives.

Whether it's a classic novel that left a lasting impression, a poem that spoke to your soul, or a piece of contemporary fiction that challenged your perspective, I invite you to share your thoughts and reflections on how literature has influenced you personally.

To kick things off, I'll share a personal anecdote:

A few years ago, I stumbled upon a collection of poetry by Rumi, the 13th-century Persian poet and mystic. His words struck a chord with me in a way that I can't quite describe – it was as if he had reached into the depths of my soul and articulated feelings and emotions that I couldn't express myself.

One particular poem, "The Guest House," resonated with me deeply. In it, Rumi speaks of welcoming all experiences – both joyful and painful – as guests in the guesthouse of our hearts. This simple yet profound message has stayed with me ever since, serving as a reminder to embrace life in all its complexity and to find beauty even in the darkest of moments.

Now, I'd love to hear from you. What piece of literature has had a significant impact on your life, and why? How has it shaped your worldview, influenced your beliefs, or helped you navigate life's challenges? Let's come together to celebrate the power of words and the transformative potential of literature.

Looking forward to our discussion!

Warm regards,
hickmankay

Re: Exploring the Power of Words: Discussing the Impact of Literature in Our Lives

Post by hickmankay »

For me, the work that has influenced my life the most is Victor Hugo's Les Miserables