Story about insignificant road incident

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Story about insignificant road incident

Post by wllsp »

Just want to tell you a story that has happened recently in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Irony is that the story happened with a member of a city committee responsible for law and order in Saint-Petersburg and to me it sounds both funny and sad. Anyway, here is the story.

Here in Saint-Petersburg a few months ago a man broke a road law and because of that was not allowed to drive for four months. It is actually not a big deal here, for example I am also not allowed to drive a car till May, 2008 for breaking the same legislation. So that man went to his acquaintance that was that member of that committee and asked her to do him a favor and help him get his driving license back. She agreed and soon after it met with a judge who made a decision to temporarily prohibit the driving license. During the meeting she tried to bribe the judge. Remember, she was a member of committee responsible for law and order in that city! Her attempt was recorded by the police and now she is on trial.

The funny thing is that the person whose conduct must have been an example to other people actually behaved in completely different way. Besides the sum of the bribe was relatively small and she actually ruined her reputation almost for nothing.

The sad thing is that corruption seems to be rather high here in Saint-Petersburg. Road police is notoriously known for getting bribes. As a result lots of members of the road police here spend their time finding opportunities to getting bribes instead of taking measures to improve road situation in the city. The road police even have been recently strongly criticized by the governor for their bad results and their way of work.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Story about insignificant road incident

Post by Tora »

A good dog deserves a good bone!

I'm always wondering why some people here are trying thier best to avoid law while sometimes it is really easier and cheaper to follow it.

I hope you weren't forfeited your driving licence for driving drunk
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

I didnt expect that there is also bribery in Saint-Petersburg...it seems that it's everywhere.Recently I had written an essay on the topic of the driver licence & mentioned that there is no bribery in Russian,as far as I know in Moscow.so the laws with driving are very strict.

p.s.I liked ur English =)
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Traffic police!
We're all friends, right?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

melek wrote:I didnt expect that there is also bribery in Saint-Petersburg...it seems that it's everywhere.Recently I had written an essay on the topic of the driver licence & mentioned that there is no bribery in Russian,as far as I know in Moscow.so the laws with driving are very strict.

innocent soul... Definitely you need to meet me the next time you´re visiting Moscow... I´ll show you what the true life is :lol: :mrgreen:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

In my univ. there are quite a lot of professors who commits bribery..they're rather prostitutes than professors.
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

Xkalibur wrote:In my univ. there are quite a lot of professors who commits bribery..they're rather prostitutes than professors.

belive me ,EX,ur university is not the only one =)))
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

Tora wrote:
melek wrote:I didnt expect that there is also bribery in Saint-Petersburg...it seems that it's everywhere.Recently I had written an essay on the topic of the driver licence & mentioned that there is no bribery in Russian,as far as I know in Moscow.so the laws with driving are very strict.

innocent soul... Definitely you need to meet me the next time you´re visiting Moscow... I´ll show you what the true life is :lol: :mrgreen:

definetely I will meet with you for the next time !!! =)))))
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

melek wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:In my univ. there are quite a lot of professors who commits bribery..they're rather prostitutes than professors.

*Рыба гниёт с головы.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Xkalibur wrote:
melek wrote:

*Рыба гниёт с головы.

Ya, saya mengerti!
Melek
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Melek »

bambang wrote:
*Рыба гниёт с головы.

Ya, saya mengerti![/quote]

sorry? LOL
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

melek wrote:

Hopefully, it has never happend to me... yet! :P Me have just weirdo teachers that are very complicated to deal with. not quite many though. I have came across such a person recently - the teacher that doesn´t know his subject and has no economical education and for public explanation and acts of disrespect from a group of students (yeah, I am a pain in the neck too) he was very brave to act back on our marks. I hope we'll do our best not to let him teach us any other subjects at all! :mrgreen:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

A fact about uncle B:

I never bribed my lectures to pass the tests. Some friends did it. I've proven to the whole world that even though I had never bribed them, I could get my degree. Bribery is just a starting point for corruption. Once you get used to bribery, then you'll get used to corruption. Just believe this old man! Do you wanna be a corruptor? Bribe your lectures!
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

bambang wrote:A fact about uncle B:

I never bribed my lectures to pass the tests. Some friends did it. I've proven to the whole world that even though I had never bribed them, I could get my degree. Bribery is just a starting point for corruption. Once you get used to bribery, then you'll get used to corruption. Just believe this old man! Do you wanna be a corruptor? Bribe your lectures!
If uncle X were powerfull, he would put them in a prison. If there were shortage of prions for them, he'd build new ones. :)
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Xkalibur wrote:
bambang wrote:A fact about uncle B:

If uncle X were powerfull, he would put them in a prison. If there were shortage of prions for them, he'd build new ones. :)
You rock, X! Don't put them in prison. Instead, kill 'em all!
Jemigax

Post by Jemigax »

I want to tell you this story. a friend told it to me. they were driving on a road that was unpaved and we all know what it becomes when it rains. they were driving a uazik (Bukhanka), the driver failed to cope with the control and they went off the road and overturned. everyone was badly hurt, some man had glasses and the lenses from them broke and cut into his eye.
Ирландец никогда не бывает пьян до тех пор, пока он может держаться за одну травинку, чтобы не упасть с земли.