English grammar questions, answered by Alan
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:00 am
- Status: Learner of English
- Location: Arab Republic of Egypt
"Being good teachers is not an easy task." Where is the subject here? Is the verb correct? I was confused to read it on the Internet.
Thank you and kind regards
- Posts: 15055
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
- Status: Teacher of English
- Location: Japan
The subject is the gerund 'being', although the sentence would be more naturally phrased "Being a good teacher...".