Exchange of old pounds in UK

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

doefe

Exchange of old pounds in UK

Post by doefe »

I have paper notes £20 which were issued in 2000
In my country it is impossible to change this money now

100 days left to use your paper £20 and £50 banknotes
https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/20 ... -banknotes

Will I be able to change this money at the Bank of England next year or will it burn out?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: Exchange of old pounds in UK

Post by Joe »

You cannot use them after 30 September 2022. If you don't want to keep them as souvenirs, you can perhaps deposit or exchange them in a bank. They will not be legal tender after 30th this month. Pretty soon there should be new polymer (plastic) notes with King Charles III head on them.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
KeithHammonds

Post by KeithHammonds »

I also changed all of money.
You shouldn't worry if you want to start a maternity clothes business but don't have a business plan or guide since I discovered a website at https://www.thebraggingmommy.com/guide- ... hing-line/ where you can quickly create a business plan.
travelguide

Post by travelguide »

In the United Kingdom, old pound coins were phased out as legal tender by October 15th, 2017. However, most banks and building societies will still accept them as deposits from customers. Some post office branches may also exchange old coins, but it's best to check with your local branch for availability.

If you have a large number of old pound coins, it may be worth checking with coin dealers, who may offer to buy them. It's important to be aware that old pound coins are no longer legal tender, so their value may be lower than face value.

It's recommended to spend or deposit old pound coins as soon as possible, as their value may decrease over time and they may become more difficult to exchange.