Hiccups …

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hiccups …

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

I was at a meeting with a group of people that I have recently just met. Suddenly while I was talking, the hiccups started from nowhere and I couldn't speak well :? . I tried to hold my breath to stop them but I couldn't. They didn't stop until I went out of the room and drank some water.

I just want to know what we should do with them because sometimes they may embarrass you.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

See an horror film ! :lol: (the Grudge ; Saw)

Drink slowly water (not wine :lol: ).

It is a long time since the last time I had hiccups (and I discovered this word just now :lol: ).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

shokin wrote:See an horror film ! :lol: (the Grudge ; Saw)
I want to stop the hiccups not my life. :lol: :D :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Ah ! ok ! :lol: (it would have been radical !)

Drink water slowly.

Run and run, Forest, run !

Have a good trip in the Amazonian forest !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

The way I do it to treat hiccups has been really effective to me is I usually hold my nose, hold my breath, not to breathe from both mouth or nose, and then count in my head from 1 to 35, 40-something or until I can't hold my breath in any longer. I then breathe out really fast and strong. It works every single time.
Golfygirl

Re: Hiccups …

Post by Golfygirl »

Miss. Ladybird wrote:I was at a meeting with a group of people that I have recently just met. Suddenly while I was talking, the hiccups started from nowhere and I couldn't speak well :? . I tried to hold my breath to stop them but I couldn't. They didn't stop until I went out of the room and drank some water.

I just want to know what we should do with them because sometimes they may embarrass you.
Hiccups, I believe are caused by a big interuption to your breathing cycle. Have you ever noticed when babys get hiccups? Babies breathing cycle is not perfectly in tune yet. Thats why babies get hiccups more than anybody else. Thats just from my observations. I raised 3 children.

There is no way to get rid of hiccups exactly when you want to. You have to just forget about them. They never go away until you have long forgot about them.

You did all you could do by leaving the groups company momentarily. You were probably very anxious about being in their company to start with, thus your breathing cycle was interupted. Next time, try maintaining a calm steading breathing as to avoid getting hiccups. :)
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Hiccups …

Post by sweethuman »

My hiccups start when i eat alot of chilly or spicy food