Jogging or walking..?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Ordina_Lavender

Jogging or walking..?

Post by Ordina_Lavender »

Which one do you like?I like walking more than jogging..
This is because I can see more beautiful scenary in the park..
Besides...so relaxs...what about you?

Post by Guest »

Both are good, but I like walking more than jogging or running. It's because I can't jog and I run like a duck in danger :oops: .
Ordina_Lavender

jogging or walking?

Hahhahhh...
I never seen a duck running in danger..
How it looks like?
walking is more suitable for woman..

Re: jogging or walking?

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:Hahhahhh...
I never seen a duck running in danger..
How it looks like?
walking is more suitable for woman..
Well, when a duck is regularly running it would run with its bill forward, make quack quack noise and flap its wings, right? When it's in danger I think it would run the same way, but it would run faster and just imagine a duck that runs really fast. Would you find it funny? I bet I would :lol: . I would roll on the floor laughing if I see something like that :mrgreen: . Anyway, I run kinda like that, leaning myself foward, breathing like I'm about to be out of breathe and swinging my arms all over the place. That's why I hate running. I look crazy when I run :oops: .
Ordina_Lavender

Duck runs in Danger

Hahhahahh...
Now I can imagine that...
I can't stop laughing until my friend asked me why..
It's so funny...this weekend I want to go walking in a Park..
i want to find a duck running in danger..
i'll tell you later..

Post by Guest »

My house is not far away from a lake that is called Lake Merritt. Recently, I have been walking around that lake in the afternoon a lot. Mostly it's because I need to tone myself a bit since I look a bit flabby due to 'the winter' :oops: "too cold to exercise". :oops: And there is another reason, which is the lake has a lot of ducks that were originally from Canada. They flew to that lake some time in some year ago and they haven't migrated back to Canada :? .
I frequently go to the lake to feed those ducks with my cousins and nephews. Sometimes, the ducks would take their babies for a walk or a swimming lesson; it's amazingly cute to watch. The baby ducks are all in yellow and they always follow the parents in a row like marching. Isn't that cute? Also, there are pigeons and seagulls at that lake. I've been observing them and realizing that they have their little ecosystem within themselves.
In that lake, the ducks are the biggest ones, so they'll get the bigger pieces of food people throw out. Next is the seagulls. And last is the pigeons. Since the pigeons can't float in the water, they only eat food people throw out on land and only when the food is thrown near them. They never dare to snatch the food from the ducks or the seagulls. The seagulls, on the other hand, are robbers. They snatch food from both ducks and pigeons. It's been so many times I throw the food out to the water so the baby ducks could eat it, but those seagulls fly right at it and snatch the food even before it hits the water. I hate them :evil: .
I still have a lot more to tell you about them. Ask me if you wanna hear more, ok. Oh yeah, cool enough is I've found the information about Lake Merritt at wikipedia. This website's gotta have everything, hasn't it???? 8) Check here if you wanna know about it,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Merritt
Ordina_Lavender

Walking and Jogging

I've looked at the picture of Merritt Lake.It's amazing..the scenary...so peaceful.If my house near the lake, I'll walk every morning..Walking is good..and a beautiful scenary are also good to rest our mind.What do you think?

Post by Guest »

It’s really pleasant to walk or run around that lake especially in the morning because it’s prettier in the morning, I think. Your mind and your health will be improved in a healthy way even if you have or don't have something bothering you inside. After a long walk/run, you can stop by that bird sanctuary island to feed the birds. They have a little park for kids with swings, slides, etc. I usually start walking at the feeding bird’s place and I’ll go around the lake for one lap, so I could end up at the feeding bird’s place again. After that, I will sit on the bench to watch the birds and the kids.
There was once time I went to the lake in early in the morning, around 8 o'clock in the summer. As I've told you before that the US follows the daylight saving hour system, right? So, the mornings of summer would be a lot brighter than mornings of other seasons. On that day, I got up early and went to the lake for a walk. When I was there looking around my surroundings, the beauty of the scene had attracted me. People were walking around the lake in singles, pairs, or groups. There were some mothers who were strolling their babies. Also, little kids were walking around the lake with their parents. A lot of the people were going together as families. At the feeding bird’s place, people were feeding the ducks that were making a lot of noises to get food. Next to it was a kid’s playground, mothers were talking to other mothers while watching their kids at the same time. That’s how a morning at that lake is usually like.
Ordina_Lavender

About me..

In my place, I usually go jogging or walking in the morning..the fresh air make me feel very peace..the green field ...and the beautiful cloud is enough to let me rest my mind....
There are also a group of chinese doing 'Tai chee'..so slow..and it's atrract me...so skillful..I like to watch them doing that.
Tai chee is very interesting exercise to me...I also love yoga..but never practise that..

Re: About me..

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:There are also a group of chinese doing 'Tai chee'..so slow..and it's atrract me...so skillful..I like to watch them doing that.
Tai chee is very interesting exercise to me...I also love yoga..but never practise that..
Yeah, Tai Chi is nice to practice. There is a group of old people near my school (there is a small park near it) that do Tai Chi every day around 7-ish to 9-ish in the morning. I see other races of people beside Asians join that group.
Ordina_Lavender

tai chee

Why don't you join them?he he....

Re: tai chee

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:Why don't you join them?he he....
I'm too lazy to get up early :oops: .
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Friends,

Could you give me some information and advises:
What is de difference between jooing and running.
I go to swimm four days a week, one and a half hour. Monday the swimming pool is closed, saturday and sunday is open but I only can pay for four days, then I have decide go to walking saturday, sunday and monday in the same schedule I go to swimm.
What do you recomend to a new member in this sport?
Tomorrow will be my first day of walking. I think is better begin only walking.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote: Friends,

Could you give me some information and advises:
What is de difference between jooing and running.
Well, to me there is a slight difference between jogging and running. For jogging, you kinda run with a steady slow trot. Pushing your legs up and down like you're jumping up and down in one place and run like that. That's how I jog. It's ca be faster than walking, but quite slower than running. For running, you don't push your legs up and down like jumping in one place, but it's more like running freely.
Either one is still good for your health. When you are tired of running, you can jog. Then you can run again and then jog. Combine them to make it more fun. Or you can walk when you are really tired.
Elba wrote: Tomorrow will be my first day of walking. I think is better begin only walking.
Yes walk first. Don't run yet. And don't forget to stretch your legs before you go walking. It's because your legs might not get used to it; therefore, the muscles would hurt you a bit. Give it several times before you'll start jogging or running unless you want pain in your legs.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Thanks Lennye for your help,

As my health is very fragil I went to walk sunday, and monday I alternate jog and walk, 100 meters x 100 meters, and the total distance was 5 km.I felt very tired, but this morning I went swimming, as every week and I felt better. I noticed too that the excersice of sunday and monday helped me to devolpe more velocity in my swimming rutinne. My trainner of swimming gave some advices too.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Have you started it yet, Elba?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Yes, Lenny I have started, but I´m too tired. Well I found funny this activitie and I´m going to increase the time step by step.
I plane to practice every third day at the begining, before go to swimming. A friend of mine told me that is very convenient to do it before swimming.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I must admit I prefer walking I have never really been a jogger. I find it too intense. I enjoy walking at a brisk pace.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

yeah I prefer walking too. It's easier than jogging in my opinon and less tiring :-)
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Jogging or walking..?

Post by sweethuman »

Both are good for health. do what you your heart wants
Harold

Re: Jogging or walking..?

Post by Harold »

Both are good for the health and fitness but the Jogging is more beneficent in weight loss and burning the calories than the walk. 30 minute of jogging can burn more than 200 calories.

Baltimore Gym