*** JAZZ FANS ***

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: EC

Are you a romantic person?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 2

Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

*** JAZZ FANS ***

Post by Chet Baker »

Some people might think that Jazz music or vocal is too old nowadays and it is only for shopping mall and restaurant, so call “arcade music”. I am afraid, I can agree with this. I think that Jazz is never too old for any generation as long as you are romantic. Honestly, I love every romantic thing. Further, I think that the love songs in 20’s century are not as good as the one in 60’s. Jazz love songs are more direct and touching.

This forum is especially for Jazz fans. Show us your favorite jazz music and the reason. I like Nat King Cole. “I love you for sentimental reason” is wonderful, here is the lyric.

I love you for sentimental reasons
I hope you do believe me
I'll give you my heart

I love you and you alone were meant for me
Please give your loving heart to me
And say we'll never part

I think of you every morning
Dream of you every night
Darling, I'm never lonely
Whenever you are in sight

I hope you do believe me
I've given you my heart

<Instrumental interlude>

I hope you do believe me
I've given you my heart

You can see from the lyric that the feeling is so direct and simple. I think that love should be easy, direct and simple just like that and reason is not necessary. Also Nat’s voice is perfect. By the way, “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire” is also remarkable. I hope you guy will love these too.
Butler
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Butler »

Hi Chet, they only jazz I can listen to at home is either Terry Callier or Keith Jarrett. Not sure if they are truely classes as jazz but I adore Terry Callier's voice and style. I love his "Timepeace" album especially the song "Ride Suite Ride" Awesome.
Jazz for me requires me to be there live and soak it up, its not really something I could just listen to all day long at home or in the car.
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

Butler wrote:Terry Callier or Keith Jarrett. Not sure if they are truely classes as jazz
Sorry Butler, I am not sure whether they are jazz musician or not, as I have never heard of them. But I have seen some information about Terry Callier in the following website. According to the content in this website, I guess that Terry’s music is something similar to the ordinary jazz but not exactly. I need to search with HMV to see if it is available in Hong Kong. Thank you for your information Butler.

http://www.soulwalking.co.uk/Terry%20Callier.html