Books and movies

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

jeik

Books and movies

Post by jeik »

I would like to know yours opinions about books done films.

Personally do not like many this adaptations, but I consider very good those of the Lord of the Ring (I wait for the Hobbit, my favorite of this series) and the movies based of Agatha Christie book’s.

:D
RosioVM

RosioVM

Post by RosioVM »

I like the adaptations for some books. But, some novels or tales don't can be done films...because lost the esential meanning...
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: RosioVM

Post by idalia »

RosioVM wrote:I like the adaptations for some books. But, some novels or tales don't can be done films...because lost the esential meanning...

Hi RosioVM,

let me tell you an observation: in English it is not appropriate to say "don't can",it's incorrect...the corret form is
can not / can't

Please, don't get upset, I just want to help you to improve your English....this is why all of us are in here, isn't it? :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: RosioVM

Post by Dixie »

RosioVM wrote:I like the adaptations for some books. But, some novels or tales don't can be done films...because lost the esential meanning...
Most times I've been disappointed every time I have watched a movie based on a novel or book I had read previously, i.e. The Da Vinci Code.

I liked the adaptation of Perfume, though.
jeik

Post by jeik »

I'm agree with Dixie, went i finish "The Da Vinci Code" i think that it a good book, not excellent but very good.But went i go the see the movie i feel completely disappointed more when the 3ª of Harry Potter who is really bad being a good book.

On the other hand i never see Perfume, and don't have this book... that type of reading is? you recommend??
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

jeik wrote: On the other hand i never see Perfume, and don't have this book... that type of reading is? you recommend??[/color]
The whole title is Perfume: The story of a murderer, by Patrick Süskind. The movie was made recently.
sylvialaw

Post by sylvialaw »

I like the adaption of <<the devil who wears Prada>>,it's excellent!
medattes

Post by medattes »

I think that sometimes, movies from books are very successful than any other movie. let's take HARRY POTTER as an example, it's the best novel ever written if you want my opinion. it has a very simple style in it, everyone can read it and profit from it. but the problem gets when the movie doesn't follow some essential things in the book, then it gets boring.
jeik

Post by jeik »

well first i never read or see <<the devil who wears Prada>>... can you tell me what type of history is??

I'm almost agree whit medattes, HP is one of the better novels of this time, is really interesting who this book's can be perfectly read by my mother or my brother of 8 years.

I'm waiting for the 5 movie... i hope that it is really good
melip

Post by melip »

I think that the books are better because the authors describe very well all details. I think that when they do a movie based on a book, all the minimun details that make the book interesting are lost. One good example are the Harry Potter movies, I don't like them very much because the books are better and they are not based in the books.