"Jane Eyre"

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: money

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote: But later she inherited some money so she could go there on her own as I think. If she wanted. 20 thousand pounds were enough to pay for that travel.
Yeah, you can say that, but I don't really bother to go into that much detail. I mean, if that was the case, I might as well think how she intimated with a blind man and crippled hannds because the author said they had a child afterwards. :lol: :lol:
LadyMacbeth wrote:My English depends on many factors et. hurry, time of day, general mood, level of concentration and attention. If these al elements work well - my English is civil. If now - it is bit...horrible:)
Like...a story about Count Dracula from Transylvania:)
If you could beat these distractions, I think you should give it a try. Trust me, your English is well enough to comprehend the original one.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Many English books have Hindu plots. But very few things about religion there. And about Hindu food too!:(
I also haven't read anything that really talks about India except a mention of it. For example, a trip to India like in this novel; that's it, nothing else. Maybe I'll check it with the librarian to see what she would recommend. I'll tell you about it if it turns out nice.
LadyMacbeth wrote:Yes - but first he had had to take off the mask/the disguise he liked. All in all it was easy cause everyone could see he was blind and without one hand. Isn't it a symbolic situation somehow?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yes, it is. He was cruel to his own wife if you judge him based on today's standards. However, he did try to save her when she was trying to kill him, which proved he did not love her, yet he cared about her as a human being. Can't you give him some credits for this act?
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

well...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I mean, if that was the case, I might as well think how she intimated with a blind man and crippled hannds because the author said they had a child afterwards.
As you can see Lennye love is really a blind feeling. He had cheated her, had hidden so many things in front of her and she still loved him... I know it so good but... it doesn't make any sense to me any longer I am afraid:(
Trust me, your English is well enough to comprehend the original one.
Of I only had more time...:)
I also haven't read anything that really talks about India except a mention of it.
Well.. it would be necessary to read some guide books to know more about India. In British books we can mostly read that someone comes back from India and that someone...died in India thus another person comes back. Or that someone died in GB thus another person is leaving for India etc. So India sounds like a place of something final. But I don't know of what...:(
However, he did try to save her when she was trying to kill him, which proved he did not love her, yet he cared about her as a human being.
I think he should have placed her into mental asylum so he could have avoided many attempts of murder and other aggresions. However he didn't do it. Why?
Did he care about her really? Or rather he was scared of her family-lawyers?
We should have asked him probably...:(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: well...

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
As you can see Lennye love is really a blind feeling. He had cheated her, had hidden so many things in front of her and she still loved him... I know it so good but... it doesn't make any sense to me any longer I am afraid:(
:cry: It is, indeed. We often want people we can't have, or we are not satisfied with our current love life, always look for more. In addtions, we thnk we should share everything if we love each other, even the deepest secret. Well, this is how I thought. However, now I just don't care if my loved one doesn't tell me about his past. Maybe this sounds stupid because someone's past is a past, but it's still who they were before who they are now or who they've been. For some reason I just don't care about it anymore. If he wants to tell me, it's fine. Otherwise, I don't bother to ask.
LadyMacbeth wrote:I think he should have placed her into mental asylum so he could have avoided many attempts of murder and other aggresions. However he didn't do it. Why?
Did he care about her really? Or rather he was scared of her family-lawyers?
We should have asked him probably...:(
He was in the upper class group. I don't think he would let others know that he had a crazy wife. I think it'd be an embarrassment during that century.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hmmm

Post by LadyMacbeth »

However, now I just don't care if my loved one doesn't tell me about his past. Maybe this sounds stupid because someone's past is a past, but it's still who they were before who they are now or who they've been. For some reason I just don't care about it anymore. If he wants to tell me, it's fine. Otherwise, I don't bother to ask.
I think it depends on hat he hides and why and on many other things like that. Personally I would feel definitely offended and humiliated by the fact that some wouldnot have bothered to tell me that he had a wife in the attic. It would be something unforgivable to me. Probably you never found yourself in situation when someone who says that he loves you tells you that he has a child with Chilian singer but noone knows about it - neither his kids nor his first wife.
I claim it is very difficult to accept that someone is a bastard but better to cry a bit and have a clear future than plenty of eternal illusions about another person.
But probably you would choose option number 2.
Fortunatelly I wasn't in love and I kicked this guy so strong that even today I am surprised how fast I was in my only right reaction:)
And I hope that one day I will get my prize for all my right choices in my life full of different choices:)
He was in the upper class group. I don't think he would let others know that he had a crazy wife. I think it'd be an embarrassment during that century.
It was enough that lawyers had known. These little beats know everything - specially when it goes around money. In whole books they are the worst characters.
Lawyers, doctors and..nurses.
The lawyer and her brother - it was enough to prevent Mr Bigamist from his next marriage.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

little correction

Post by LadyMacbeth »

little beasts
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

all books
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

There's a novel of Qiongyao (a Chinese writer) in Chinese that's translated in Vietnamese, which I think sounds similar to Jane Eyre. I think you would like this novel more than Jane Eyre. Let me check around to see what's it called.