Interested in comic books? What is your favorite?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Alekxa

Post by Alekxa »

Some English teachers say that they do not advice to read comics books because we can learn a lot of slang or some expressions that the most of the people don’t use and don’t understand. What do you think about it? :roll:
Alekxa

Post by Alekxa »

I like MANGA
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I like Japanese manga also. Do you prefer Detective Conan? Here is the link to read Conan online. Anyone read the whole story? It hasn't ended yet, has it? The last volume I read is 54 or 55. I'm now watching Conan again on TV.

_Arale_
Yabuyabu

Post by Yabuyabu »

My hobby is reading too. I read books and comics. I live in japan. Many comics have been published here. I like comics and I buy many comics every month. So there payments troubles me a lot :cry:
Anyone knows Conan in japan. I haven't read Conan,but I have watched the movies of Conan. They a interesting :!: :!:
Plum

Post by Plum »

Well, in my country, comics are very popular. All students read comics 8) Conan is one of the most famous comic in my country. I like it,too. It's great, isn't it :wink: :wink: But some stories that are a little bit scary, ^^ i often can't sleep when i read it.

But,comics in my country have a problem. The name of the comics are translated from the languages of the comics to Vietnamese, but they don't keep their real meaning. They change them into some things that are kind of crazy and stupid.They think if they do that, the name of books will be more interesting!!! So that the name of book don't have any connection with the content of the books.
Yabuyabu

Post by Yabuyabu »

I have watched the comics which were translated into another language. The comics I usually read in Japanese seem different when they are translated into English, Chinese, or Korean. Will you think this is very interesting :!: :?:
Have you read the Japanese comics besides Conan :?:
thuha

Post by thuha »

I like Japanese manga also. Do you prefer Detective Conan? Here is the link to read Conan online. Anyone read the whole story? It hasn't ended yet, has it? The last volume I read is 54 or 55. I'm now watching Conan again on TV.

_Arale_
I like conan, too but the recent volumes seem less intersting than before. I have been waiting for the lastest one for a long time. I'm really happy to see your link but vol 54 and 55 aren't there. Can you check it ??

If you find any link for reading it, please share for me
Thank you so much[/code]
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

I like to read comic short stories 8)
vefa

Post by vefa »

but I don't like comics :oops:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

The only comics I would read as a child was of course my beloved "Sailor Moon". I was mad about it. I would buy anything that had Sailor Moon on it. It was my childhood obsession :) I must say I still feel this little sentiment whenever I think of it. :D:D:D
Nu

Post by Nu »

illusion wrote:The only comics I would read as a child was of course my beloved "Sailor Moon". I was mad about it. I would buy anything that had Sailor Moon on it. It was my childhood obsession :) I must say I still feel this little sentiment whenever I think of it. :D:D:D
+)))) i also daresay that it drove me mad almost as well as The X-Files ) but i've never seen any comic about her )) in addition, i can't say comics are popular in my country: i've never seen anybody reading it... as for me.. i remember sth about Bear ...mm.. Bamby i think ) he wore a blue hat and pants ) and had different adventures....ooooh! and one more.. about Chip & Dale )