Air Marshals shoot suspected bomber in Miami.

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Air Marshals shoot suspected bomber in Miami.

Post by Shazzam »

This was such a strange news article. Yesterday at Miami airport a man was shot and killed as he was suspected of carrying a bomb. Apparently the man was acting strange and then started yelling that he had a bomb. The air marshals tried to take control of the situation but the man went to put his hand inside his bag, so he was shot and killed.

The flight had come into Miami from Columbia.

After investigations were finished it was determined he wasn't carrying a bomb.

Why on earth would someone do this. He obviously had a death wish. :shock: :?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Didn't they say he had Bi-Polar disorder or something?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:Didn't they say he had Bi-Polar disorder or something?
I didn't hear that. But tonight there is news coming through that other passengers on the plane reckon that he never said he had a bomb. :shock: :?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

What I heard was that he began running up and down the aisle yelling and saying he had a bomb in the bag and a woman was with him and she was yelling that the guy was mentally ill.

The marsalls got the guy to lie down on the floor of the rampway but then he reached into his bag. That is when he was shot.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Air Marshals shoot suspected bomber in Miami.

Post by ahmads »

Shazzam wrote: He obviously had a death wish. :shock: :?
absolutely ,yes .
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:What I heard was that he began running up and down the aisle yelling and saying he had a bomb in the bag and a woman was with him and she was yelling that the guy was mentally ill.

The marsalls got the guy to lie down on the floor of the rampway but then he reached into his bag. That is when he was shot.
That is so confusing isn't it. If they had him at such close range (i mean he was lying down) why did they kill him :?: Why didn't they just shoot him in the arm or hand :?:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

They didn't shoot him in the arm because that would not have killed him. They needed to kill him as instantaneously as possible because if he did have the switch to fire his bomb all it would take is a flinch to set it off. That is why they shot that guy in London in the head.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:They didn't shoot him in the arm because that would not have killed him. They needed to kill him as instantaneously as possible because if he did have the switch to fire his bomb all it would take is a flinch to set it off. That is why they shot that guy in London in the head.
I didn't think of that! Sorry. It sounds like a really stupid question now. I can understand the circumstances. Why on earth would someone say that they have a bomb when they don't. :twisted:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I think he truely was mentally ill.

You know, cops only have a second or two to make some of these decisons that they are forced to make. Imagine yourself in their shoes at these times. There are great risks involved no matter what they decide to do sometimes.