English grammar questions, answered by Alan
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:00 am
- Status: Learner of English
- Location: Arab Republic of Egypt
Is this a parallel structure? I copied it from Longman Dictionary.
"A stove is a piece of kitchen equipment on which you cook food in pots and pans, and that contains an oven"
- Posts: 14974
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
- Status: Teacher of English
- Location: Japan
Yes, the 2 relative clauses that it contains could be termed parallel structures.