Football. Is the referee's decision final?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Football. Is the referee's decision final?

Post by TalkingPoint »

Should the referee's decision be final or should decisions be made with the help of video footage such as slow-motion replays?

Word Checker
referee: an official who watches the game to make sure the rules are obeyed
referee's decision: what the referee decides or says
final: unquestioned; absolute; the last word
video footage: part of a video tape
slow-motion replay: video played slowly
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bella#1

Post by bella#1 »

Hi
In my view, the decision should be made with the help of video footage such as slow-motion replays?
Because, the referee has only two eyes and can not see every thing
Keep SMILING
Ms.A.Z
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Ms.A.Z »

hello all

well i have two point of veiw:

my 1st opinion is referee's should use video footages to make their final desicions some times maybe most of the times referee's are unable to see what players are doing on football field some times players hit, beat or pull one another's hair ..bcoz there are too many of them (12 players from each team + the ball it self) referee's might not see what is going on ,who is wrong and who must be punished.

now we come to my 2nd opinion: a football match is a 90 mint match so i dont think there is enough time to stop the game every time when there is a mistake and check the video footage and then come back punish the player and then countinue the game it will take more then 90 mints to finish the game it self ,they might have to add extra mints that was lost in doing the whole process and so on.....

i think we should depend own referee's judjment but we must confirm the deision by using video footages.
thats all ...
tobyboy

Yep.I approve ,too

Post by tobyboy »

I still remember that day when China was beaten by Japan at the Asian Cup finals .During this match , the referee from kuwait made a quite serious erroneous judgement .Japan's second goal was not kicked ,but hit by a player's arm .However , the referee didn't see these .So ,from then on, that had had some effect on China's players.
Also, we can use it now that these advanced scientific instruments have been invented. Why not ? In addition, if the referees don't correct their errors , the match will lack justice.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

The refree's dicision should be final because it's one reason that makes football a human game! Today after the game, a match is really reviewed to check if the refree missed something, but the result cannot be changed. I think it's okay, otherwise the refree wouldn't be respected as they should be. Sometimes life is unfair, but in general, the result of the match is not badly bended by the refree.
trantrungav

Re: Football. Is the referee's decision final?

Post by trantrungav »

TP wrote:Should the referee's decision be final or should decisions be made with the help of video footage such as slow-motion replays?

Word Checker
referee: an official who watches the game to make sure the rules are obeyed
referee's decision: what the referee decides or says
final: unquestioned; absolute; the last word
video footage: part of a video tape
slow-motion replay: video played slowly
I agree with pirate. And I think the important thing is not the referee but the player. Of course sometimes the referee's decision can change because of a secret reason.
So we have to tighten the rules in football in a strict way.
My heart like cold water in the fall lake