If you like sweet things, it is delicious

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

juyjhj

If you like sweet things, it is delicious

Post by juyjhj »

I saw this sentence in a grammar exercise

-IF YOU...........................SWEET THINGS, IT.......................DELICIOUS (TO LIKE - TO BE)

I think this is the right way to fill in the blanks:

-IF YOU.............LIKE..............SWEET THINGS, IT.........IS..........DELICIOUS (TO LIKE - TO BE)

The issue is that then I am supposed to rephrase these sentence with one of the following expressions: as long as; provided that; on condition that; given that; but for; without; unless; suppose; supposing. Which expression is suitable in this case?
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Re: If you like sweet things, it is delicious

Post by Joe »

juyjhj wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 am I saw this sentence in a grammar exercise

-IF YOU...........................SWEET THINGS, IT.......................DELICIOUS (TO LIKE - TO BE)

I think this is the right way to fill in the blanks:

-IF YOU.............LIKE..............SWEET THINGS, IT.........IS..........DELICIOUS (TO LIKE - TO BE)

The issue is that then I am supposed to rephrase these sentence with one of the following expressions: as long as; provided that; on condition that; given that; but for; without; unless; suppose; supposing. Which expression is suitable in this case?
As long as / Provided that / On condition that you like sweet things, it is delicious. :ok:

All three expressions are possible but in reality "On condition that" is rather formal and unlikely to be used here. "As long as" is the least formal.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven