Which book do you use?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

GiddyGad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Which book do you use?

Post by GiddyGad »

GenieCDN wrote:...Would you please recommend a book for me with "fun" exercises in it? I know there must be some out there. The ones that I've been using are actually quite boring. I'd like to go prepared with exercises that the students will enjoy doing.
My personal experience is that it's not the book that matters but the one who uses it. Any joke may become dull and boring if out of a wrong person. On the contrary, a dull book may become a lot of fun if introduced correctly.

Don't rely on books is my advice. Search yourself, your advantages and disadvantages.Every teacher is unique. I use so many books and courses in my work that...

One thing I avoid in my work is the profanation imposed by modern methods which manifest themselves in modern books and tests. A teacher isn't an entertainer, and motivation isn't entertaining but creating interest in students' minds to the subject being taught.

Post by Guest »

I agree with Giddy. Genie, why don't you try to go outside the books? Creating your own games is always fun and exciting. Or you can ask your students to create the games with you, so they'll know what they like and don't like. On the other hand, it also helps them think creatively.