to understand

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

mshahri

to understand

Post by mshahri »

Hello , could anybody comment on the sentence given below.Are there any misuse of words and grammar mistakes?

“But first of all, please forgive me for my terrible writing as it might be difficult to understand due to my bad English” .
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

There is no gramatical mistake in your sentence, but I suggest dividing into 2 sentences.

"But first of all, please forgive me for my terrible writing. It might be difficult to understand due to my bad English."

Re: to understand

Post by Guest »

mshahri wrote:Hello , could anybody comment on the sentence given below.Are there any misuse of words and grammar mistakes?

“But first of all, please forgive me for my terrible writing as it might be difficult to understand due to my bad English” .
Try to avoid to start a sentence with a "but" Just write, please forgive me for my terrible writing because it might be difficult for you to understand due to my imperfect English.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

"First, please forgive me for my terrible writing, because it might be difficult to understand my imperfect English."
This is my rewriting. I hope it will be helpful.
GiddyGad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: to understand

Post by GiddyGad »

mshahri wrote:“But first of all, please forgive me for my terrible writing as it might be difficult to understand due to my bad English” .
"To start with, please excuse my poor writing you might find difficult to understand due to my bad English".

I wonder if this 'un is OK...