Experiences in studying English

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

authorityquery
Rising Star
Rising Star

Experiences in studying English

Post by authorityquery »

Hi, everybody.
All of you 've learnt English, you can tell me some experiences or memories about studying English.
Why do you study english??
MTV i like most wanted
visali

Re: Experiences in studying English

Post by visali »

authorityquery wrote:Hi, everybody.
All of you 've learnt English, you can tell me some experiences or memories about studying English.
Why do you study english??
A friend is a friend to everybody.
Hi,
I'm from India and wishing u all the best.
I like to speak in English very fluently like native speakers.
I cann't get a good material for that and by cicumstances, I forced to talk in my native language. I lives in a rural atmosphere.
What to do?
Please advise me friend!

Post by Guest »

I did not like English at all when I was in Vietnam. I always copied the English exercises from my friends so I could turn in for grades. And I barely passed the course every year with an embarrassing passing GPA. There was one year I almost had to retake the final exam to pass the course. It was a wake-up call that I should be more spontaneous in my studying. I could have done more for myself with that subject than just passing the course; however, it was a bit late because my vocabulary knowledge was limited. I meant, I started to learn English in my sixth grade, but I never entirely studied the vocabulary lists. By the time I got to ninth grade my vocabulary was still in sixth grade. Impossible to believe but it did happen :oops: .
When I came to America, I was totally lost in the English world. It took me a year to completely understand what people were saying to me and for me to respond it back. For that whole year I'd tried every techniques that I knew of. They were either something I made up for my own or something that people told me I should do. If I felt something didn't work for me, I would drop that and start with something new. I'd changed my style of studying a lot. Well, maybe it's because I hate being bored so I didn't wanna bore myself with something was so original after several times. In addtion, I started to talk to the natives more and more every day. I took public transportation to places on the weekends ( I was going to places alone.) and I asked people for the ways although I knew how to get to them. Also, I asked my teachers to teach me how to pronounce words correctly plus correct my writings. That's all, folks.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Hi Authorityquery,

I think the most important thing in learning English is trying to use it as you can. The more you do and the more you can.

Why do I want to study English? Because I like this language indeed. I want speak and write in English naturally.