english education in china!

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Mina

The English in my country

Post by Mina »

Hi, Daniel , I am from Brazil and I thought really interesting what you want to know.
It is almost impossible to learn English in Brazil for those who are poor( I am midle class).If a Brazillian wants to learn it, it has to pay for a really expensive course ´cause the English we learn from schooll is really poor. I have the course, but is really hard to pay it.So usually, who is upper class gets the best portunities to get a job. But I don´t fell they want to learn English properly, at least in the two courses I have been to.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: english education in china!

Post by Pirate »

daniel_1127 wrote: we are forced for learn,and what's worse, even if many students have passed cet6 , however, they can't really communicate. Because most people just want to get a certificate.
how's english education in ur countries, i am eager to know
thax have a nice day.
The same thing is happening in Vietnam. I think the solution is you yourself have to figure out: What do you learn English for?

Let's take a view from another corner ...
gill

Post by gill »

here, in slovakia, english is normal school subject from the very first grade. communicating in english is no problem here cause nearly everyone over 16 and under 40 can (more or less) speak english. english is becoming the second mother tongue. the slovak language now even contain english words. we use words like these everyday: sorry, cool, lets go, ok, nice, c'mon etc. and the word with 4 letters starting with S and ending with T, you know what i mean :wink:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

I have posted this in another topic "ESL Study abroad is better?" but the speech is also worth reading to the ones who like to know more about teaching English method ... very close to the status of learning and teaching English Daniel mentioned above, which I believe happens in many countries.

“Hindsight of an English language learner”

http://www.vietnamjournal.org/article.p ... int&sid=88