learning by listening

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

gill

learning by listening

Post by gill »

is it possible to learn english by listening? - to bbs radio for example. you know, not to study much. just listen and get better by every minute. :wink: i have enough of this grammar. i want to not worry much about translation and to get the point of sentence without any effort, naturally...
whats your experience? whats the best way to learn english?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
AMYFAN

Re: learning by listening

Post by AMYFAN »

gill wrote:is it possible to learn english by listening? - to bbs radio for example. you know, not to study much. just listen and get better by every minute. :wink: i have enough of this grammar. i want to not worry much about translation and to get the point of sentence without any effort, naturally...
whats your experience? whats the best way to learn english?
i listen to engish radio everyday,but i cant improve my english ,i dont kown how to say when i meet a people who speak native english,could you give us some method to improve my english level shortly,i have a limited conditions,i want to speak to a person by telephone in english to improve my english listenning ,becuse i am shyed when i meet a stronger and i dont open my mouth although i strongly want to talk with her(him), could you help on it?
i hope i make friends with any other,
gill

Post by gill »

im sorry, but i do not have any method. i have been learning english by playing games and watching films with subs, and now by listening to radio. if you want to speak, try some pc2pc phone. you ll need only microphone. i just wanted to know the best way to improve my english...
gill

Post by gill »

i havent spend any time exploring bbc.co.uk, i thought theres nothing to see (listen), even i listen to bbs regulary. anyway, thanx for the tip, i ll check...