A magazine for students in London

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

paulagoes

A magazine for students in London

Post by paulagoes »

Hi, everyone!

My name is Paula, and I'm a Brazilian journalist living in London in order to learn English - and I've been trying hard! After a bit more than one year, I think it's time to used my skills in this country, and as BBC is still miles away from my reality, I've got to find a way myself and I've come up with a great project!

What is it about? Well, as a journalist, I always feel compelled to work in my field, but it's quite impossible, as my English is not that fluent to get a job writing for native speakers. At the same time, I missed in London a publication targeted for our community - foreign who come to London to learn the language.

Then, my idea is setting up a magazine which will give useful information about life in London, about all this wonderful multicultural world that the students help to form and, at the same time, have the function to help in the task of learning English, spotting the new vocabulary, expressions, etc.

My partner is a British journalist, and happens to be an English teacher with CELTA as well, and I've got lots of experience in the student underworld, so, I think, we might get on well with this!

At the moment, we are in the first step, the market research with students, I'm doing some face to face and we also have an online questionnaire, which is in this link below!

So, I invite you all to take ten minutes or less answering these questions, and help to design our magazine! Please!!!

https://www.surveykey.com/take-survey.c ... 3468971027

All the best,
Paula Goes
paulissima@msn.com
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Hi Paula

I've never gone to England to learn English although it's my big desire, so i can't take the survey. But plz notice here when u've done ur website cuz i think it's useful for all English learners. I wish i could write to ur online magazine, couldn't i ? :wink:

Best wishes
paulagoes

Hi Pirate!

Post by paulagoes »

Coming to England was a wish that I had to wait about 4 years to see coming true, so, if you really want it (and I recommend) don't worry, you will!

Thanks for your support to the magazine, and I'll keep in touch to tell here the news,. We expect release it on May, and the website may be launched together. But now we need to get the survey done, so, if you have friends living over here, please tell then to go there! It's quick and very important!

All the best
Paula

pirate wrote:Hi Paula

I've never gone to England to learn English although it's my big desire, so i can't take the survey. But plz notice here when u've done ur website cuz i think it's useful for all English learners. I wish i could write to ur online magazine, couldn't i ? :wink:

Best wishes
buggah

Hello from Brazil

Post by buggah »

Hey Paula...

It's good to see Brazilians making things happen there.
I wish good luck to you and all your supporters.

See you around

Buggah Loo