friends

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

richardfu79

friends

Post by richardfu79 »

hi
RedRose,are you in guangzhou ? your english is much better than i.i am very envy you .haha could you help me improve my english
RedRose

Re: friends

Post by RedRose »

richardfu79 wrote:hi
RedRose,are you in guangzhou ? your english is much better than i.i am very envy you .haha could you help me improve my english
I wish my english was as good as you imagine :mrgreen:

But it is ok. on this forum, everybody would love to help you!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

richardfu79 wrote: your english is much better than i.i am very envy you .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

I was humbled by all of your hard work trying to learn another language (something I admire greatly), so I thought I would try looking into learning another language online myself. I reviewed some online courses in Chinese and it quickly became clear that it was impossible for me to understand anything. It is hard enough for me to learn words and phrases in other romance languages such as French and Spanish, but to learn another alphabet and language just seems so difficult to me. I spent a year in Thailand and, I am ashamed to say, only learned two characters in their alphabet ("1" and "0"). I don't see how you do it.

You are all to be applauded for your efforts and your improving English. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
richardfu79

Post by richardfu79 »

ProfessorVerb wrote:I was humbled by all of your hard work trying to learn another language (something I admire greatly), so I thought I would try looking into learning another language online myself. I reviewed some online courses in Chinese and it quickly became clear that it was impossible for me to understand anything. It is hard enough for me to learn words and phrases in other romance languages such as French and Spanish, but to learn another alphabet and language just seems so difficult to me. I spent a year in Thailand and, I am ashamed to say, only learned two characters in their alphabet ("1" and "0"). I don't see how you do it.

You are all to be applauded for your efforts and your improving English. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
HI,ProfessorVerb do you have deep interset in east culture,don't you? east culture is very very mysterious in west peope's eyes.like me ,i am cuirous about west culture.if you need any help in learning chinese,i can give your a hand .i don't go to Thailand ,maybe many people communicate with other in chinese .cause many chinese people go business in there .
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

Yes, I have always been interested in other worldviews it seems. When I was 17 years old, I joined the army and was stationed in South Korea. At that time, I experienced a profound culture shock that never really went way. Since that time, I have visited or lived in 16 other countries, but most of my experiences were with the military and were not representative of the cultures in which I lived.

As a result, despite living in two Asian countries and visiting several others, I remain, as you say, intrigued but mystified. Well, "mystified" is probably not what I mean, "ignorant" would be too strong" and "confused" is not accurate either. Perhaps "uninformed" best describes my (and many Americans') opinions about people in other countries. That is why these types of forums are increasingly important today.

Thank you kindly for your offer as well, and I'll be happy to return the favor. The same holds true for all of the rest of the forum members -- slang is a hobby of mine and I'll be glad to offer my insights for what they are worth.

Best regards,
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Unknownsu wrote:
Unknownsu felt very proud while finding his student outstanding.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Unknownsu wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: