I want to say...........

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Pham Minh Son

I want to say...........

Post by Pham Minh Son »

Thank you all of EC's members ingeneral and Mr ProfessorVerb, Shokin, loveisblue, serpico.... :) :) in private helped me with my questions. I feel lucky to be a member of EC. I am very happy to receive your enthusiasm. I hope to continue to receive your help when I have difficulties studying English. ;)

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

Thank you for the kind comments; you are most welcome. I am learning something new as well...
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

ProfessorVerb wrote:Thank you for the kind comments; you are most welcome. I am learning something new as well...
I don't think you need to learn english anymore :mrgreen: your english is so perfect. I wish I were you. :R:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Thank you for your words !

Ah ! wish we were like ProfessorVerb ! :mrgreen: He is the providence ! our luck, our saver, the messie ! :mrgreen:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

*blush* :oops:

I am probably learning more than you are ... and I am pleased to participate. Thank you.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Professor, how did you find us? :P
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

I was searching for some additional Web sites in which to advertise my services. I wandered into the forums here, found them fascinating, and haven't been able to extricate myself since.
xixi1014

Post by xixi1014 »

IS THERE ANY OTHER WORDS TO EXPLAIN THE EXTRICATE?
Meg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Meg »

violet wrote:extricate? You'd better stay here forever, Professor. ;)
I totally agree with you, violet :!:

ProfessorVerb, you are the most welcome person for us as a perfect English teacher. :D
loveisblue

Re: I want to say...........

Post by loveisblue »

Pham Minh Son wrote:Thank you all of EC's members ingeneral and Mr ProfessorVerb, Shokin, loveisblue, serpico.... :) :) in private helped me with my questions. I feel lucky to be a member of EC. I am very happy to receive your enthusiasm. I hope to continue to receive your help when I have difficulties studying English. ;)

Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
You are welcome, Pham Minh Son. That is why we should be here. ;)
Now, we have a professor so our English will be improved much. ;)
orange
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by orange »

ProfessorVerb wrote:*blush* :oops:

I am probably learning more than you are ... and I am pleased to participate. Thank you.
I am also very happy to be your learner :)
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

"Extricate" means:

http://www.britannica.com/dictionary?bo ... =extricate (free English dictionary/thesaurus service)

"Main Entry: ex·tri·cate
Pronunciation: 'ek-str&-"kAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cat·ed; -cat·ing
Etymology: Latin extricatus, past participle of extricare, from ex- + tricae trifles, perplexities
1 a archaic : UNRAVEL b : to distinguish from a related thing
2 : to free or remove from an entanglement or difficulty
- ex·tri·ca·ble /ik-'stri-k&-b&l, ek-', 'ek-(")/ adjective
- ex·tri·ca·tion /"ek-str&-'kA-sh&n/ noun

synonyms EXTRICATE, DISENTANGLE, UNTANGLE, DISENCUMBER, DISEMBARRASS mean to free from what binds or holds back.

EXTRICATE implies the use of care or ingenuity in freeing from a difficult position or situation <extricated himself from financial difficulties>. DISENTANGLE and UNTANGLE suggest painstaking separation of a thing from other things <disentangling fact from fiction> <untangle a web of deceit>. DISENCUMBER implies a release from something that clogs or weighs down <an article disencumbered of jargon>. DISEMBARRASS suggests a release from something that impedes or hinders <disembarrassed herself of her advisers>.

"Extricate" was intended as humor in this case [clearly not very good humor :)].

Synonyms include: KNOW 4, difference, differentiate, discern, discrepate, discriminate, distinguish, separate, sever, severalize
2 to free from an undesirable situation or condition <extricate himself from financial difficulties>
Synonyms clear, clear away, discumber, disembarrass, disembroil, disencumber, disentangle, disentwine, unentangle, unscramble, untangle, untie, untwine
Related Word unravel; abstract, detach, disengage; disburden, disemburden; deliver, disinvolve, free, liberate, release, rescue; resolve
Contrasted Words embroil, entangle, tangle; clog, fetter, hog-tie, manacle, shackle, trammel; block, hamper, hinder, impede, obstruct