Spelling problem

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Spelling problem

Post by amoolah »

Hi all, ;)
Today I want to share with you a small problem that I always face in writing (of course in English :mrgreen: ) the problem's name is SPELLING. To tell you the truth, I am really bad in memorizing the words. In fact, usually, when we are expecting a writing test, I start memorizing the most frequent words that I could use in the test just the day before that test. Yet, as you can notice, it is a temporary solution for my problem. I would be really grateful if I can get some pieces of advice from you. All what I want is a good method that I can follow to improve my spelling.

Thanks in advance
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

Actually, spelling is just related to memory... In my case, for example, my memory is mainly visual, in other words I remember words as they would be images. In fact, often I recognize a misspelled word even if at that moment I can't remember the exact spelling: I feel that the word is wrong because something in it looks wrong, and then go to check it out. I don't know if you use your memory this way, but a good advice for you could be to find more informations about general memorization techniques, rather than focusing in detail on spelling... this is an interesting argument, let us know the results!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Don't worry, everyone has trouble with spelling. The good thing about English is that you can sound out the word in most cases, thus, you can come relatively close to the actually spelling. Words like phlegm, rhyme and queue, however, have to be memorized.

If it makes you feel any better, I am a horrific speller. That is what my spell check is for!! ;)
Diamond
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Diamond »

almoolah i have the same problem
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
u know maybe we r arabic
we see the situation very
difficult than other
but maybe in the future u will be good
remmeber onething
Allah( God ) always with u
and goodluck

bye
BLACK DEATH

Re: Spelling problem

Post by BLACK DEATH »

amoolah wrote:Hi all, ;)
Today I want to share with you a small problem that I always face in writing (of course in English :mrgreen: ) the problem's name is SPELLING. To tell you the truth, I am really bad in memorizing the words. In fact, usually, when we are expecting a writing test, I start memorizing the most frequent words that I could use in the test just the day before that test. Yet, as you can notice, it is a temporary solution for my problem. I would be really grateful if I can get some pieces of advice from you. All what I want is a good method that I can follow to improve my spelling.

Thanks in advance
HI AMOOLAH ...SPELLING IS SERIOUSE PROPLEM IN ENGLISH STUDING .. BUT WE CAN IMPROVE THIS SKILL ....
try to repeat and rewrite the new vocabularies many times ..
also try to not memorize more than 10 new words per day .
I will send a private message to discuse your proplem and to improve you memorize skills ,, dont worry .. we can improve it .
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

I thought your post was well written (and spelled); you are clearly on the right track. The best way I have found over the years to remember how to spell words is to look the word up every time I see it if I don't know it. After you have done this two or three times, your brain will tire of the activity and remember it for you. Also, it helps to expand your vocabulary by reading material that you would not ordinarily read; for example, if you like to read mysteries, you might want to read some science fiction or biographies.

Seeing how other people use words sure helped me learn how to use them -- and spell them. Keep up the good work!