Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

salwamostafa

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems

Post by salwamostafa »

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Today, the jamming traffic and air pollution are the main issues that worry the world. Some people think that raising the petrol’s price would solve the trouble. In my opinion, it’s not a good solution as this will lead to an increase in the prices of everything in the world. On the other hand, using friendly resources to environment and improving public transport services are more effective solutions.
Increasing the petrol’s price will lead to a big disaster. Because the prices of everything such as food, clothes, cars ect. Will go up as most of these industries depend on petrol in working factories. Therefore, I think growing the price of petrol is not an effective solution to the traffic jamming and pollution. From another side, there are many efficient ways to solve the issues. First, using resources that are friendly to the environment such as solar cars, natural gas vehicles and electricity buses would be an excellent solution.
Second, improving the public transport services will also be a promising solution to traffic jam trouble. For example, in my country the public transport was so terrible from 2 years ago. So, I had to buy my own car also my husband did. However, in the last year, the government have started to enhance the service. As a result, I and my husband sold our cars. We now are using public transport.
To conclude, raising the price of petrol is not an effective way to solve the trouble. It’s better to start using resources that are friendly to environment and improve public transport to encourage people using them which for sure will lead to reducing traffic jamming.
Word count ( 275 )
ritzkevin

Re: Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems

Post by ritzkevin »

We need petrol on other things. It's not just for transportation. If you think it may solve transportation problems, it may result to high transportation cost and higher commodities.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems

Post by Krisi »

salwamostafa wrote:Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.

To conclude, raising the price of petrol is not an effective way to solve the trouble. It’s better to start using resources that are friendly to environment and improve public transport to encourage people using them which for sure will lead to reducing traffic jamming.
Hi salwamostafa!

that's right. aside from improving public transportation, creating parking lots and bus/public vehicle stops or terminals could be helpful too. Also, no stopping on corner roads and narrow busy roads. The signs for stops and terminals must be clearly visible and easily seen by all motorist to help minimize traffic jam. Because here in my country you will see public vehicles stopping on corners of intersections to get and drop off passengers. The motorist don't see that it is their responsibility to teach their riders/passengers to follow/obey certain rules on using public vehicles so that traffic jam can be avoided. I guess our responsibility to others is somewhat extended even outdoor... some situations just have a domino effect so sometimes we just cannot ignore some issues.
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

**edited
salwamostafa wrote:Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.

Hi salwamostafa!

that's right. aside from improving public transportation, creating parking lots and bus/public vehicle stops or terminals could be helpful too. Also, no stopping on corner roads and narrow busy roads unless when the traffic light is red. The signs for stops and terminals must be clearly visible and easily seen by all motorist to help minimize traffic jam. Because here in my country you will see public vehicles stopping on corners of intersections to get and drop off passengers. The motorist don't see that it is their responsibility to teach their riders/passengers to follow/obey certain rules on using public vehicles so that traffic jam can be avoided. I guess our responsibility to others is somewhat extended even outdoor... some situations just have a domino effect so sometimes we just cannot ignore some issues.
esl member since 2007