what you think about China and Chinese people

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

ddddd

what you think about China and Chinese people

Post by ddddd »

I want to know what you think about China and Chinese people.Just say whatever you think.And if ok,I also want to know the reason,plz(^_^)
ddddd

Re: what you think about China and Chinese people

Post by ddddd »

nobody :cry:
Firefoxjo

Post by Firefoxjo »

I think they have names with no vowels :lol:
ollymem

Post by ollymem »

Agree that this language is quiet difficult to spell and understand.
ddddd

Post by ddddd »

Firefoxjo wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 pm I think they have names with no vowels :lol:
:-o Actually,Chinese has vowels,so I don't quite understand why you said that the name has no vowels (is this the reply button?I don't know how to use it :-? )
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

{-: {-:
ddddd wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:34 pm
Firefoxjo wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:38 pm I think they have names with no vowels :lol:
:-o Actually,Chinese has vowels,so I don't quite understand why you said that the name has no vowels (is this the reply button?I don't know how to use it :-? )
But your name or your username is “ddddd” :)

That is five consonants in a row!!!!! No vowel :-o
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven
ddddd

Post by ddddd »

Joe wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:06 pm {-: {-:
ddddd wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:34 pm
But your name or your username is “ddddd” :)

That is five consonants in a row!!!!! No vowel :-o
:lol: "ddddd"is just a random name I picked up.lol
Krakenn

Post by Krakenn »

Don't know much about China or Chinese people honestly, I just noticed they were discreet and hard workers. They also have a good sense of family and their food is one of the best in the world.
CawkaUA

Post by CawkaUA »

I've always wanted to visit China, and I want to go to Japan even more!!!
Madilin

Post by Madilin »

I think China is a great country. Chinese are very hardworking and enthusiastic in my opinion.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

I work in Hong Kong and have to say the standard of English is superb.

Although pronunciation is not the best.

The chinese are hard working but can be quite stubborn in their actions.
chalo

Post by chalo »

I think they have names with no vowels
angelo

Post by angelo »

Well, I don't know China, but I would like too much to visit it one of these days.
I admire it, only not as a country, but also as a huge people as they are. It seems to me that they are: hard workers; resilient; humble; and patient very very very patient....
In Portugal where I am from, there are many Chinese nowadays. Their businesses are just the same that we can find in other countries where they are: big and small shops, with bargains overall.
Although they have "close" and questionable politicians, I mean: missing free press, no respect for human rights, no free elections we can't stick the head in rhe sand: they are one of the biggest power on the move. China is really an amazing country.
They have managed to deal with "tweezers" its relationships and businesses with a majority of the countries.
As they don't like that the others interfere in its they do same when the focus is... business.
I believe they will become the major and main player in the future, supplanting the USA.
edwardkgill

Post by edwardkgill »

Chinese girls are pretty {-:
Benefits of using gcash transactions look here to learn more
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

Born and raised in China, I cannot say I know our people very well.
Of course you can say what you like, but the thing is the persons you met in your travel in the country are hardly what the country is.
language is no more than a tool for facilitating our communication. When you say it is easy, it is because you use it or have contact with it for a long time in your life, and when you say it is difficult, it is the opposite. Am I right?
In the case of a foreign language, it is not only that you have to spend more time on it, but also that this language has to be a real one, not the version you use in a classroom in the lecture given by your non-native teacher, who might teach you a totally different or wrong language against his or her good intention.
A majority of Chinese learners of English language have had and are still facing the same question.
BrianStapleton

Post by BrianStapleton »

I'll compare the Chinese to Americans and Koreans, as I'm an American who lived years in Korea and I have Korean family. I'll also speak in generalizations.
What I like about the Chinese is that they are responsible to one another. Parents feel duty to their children, children feel duty to their parents, the people feel duty to their nation. A Chinese person is mindful that they represent their family, their city, their country, etc and do their best not to shame their associations, relations, and affiliations with poor performance, bad conduct or a stained reputation. Americans are far more individualistic; an American has more personal freedom but many Americans take that to mean they are not responsible to anybody or anything either.
Koreans are much more like Chinese than Americans in this respect. However, many young South Koreans have moved away from the Chinese mindset and a little bit toward Americans.
I envy the Chinese, like the South Koreans, for their rapidly advancing and awesome development as a country, their beautiful new infrastructure, their very low violent crime rate, their low divorce rate, and all of those other areas in which East Asian countries are better to live in than the US... especially in this decade. I don't envy the Chinese the social stresses and restrictions they endure that are absent or much less severe in the US. Most of all I consider it a great loss that China, like South Korea, has such low birthrates. China has gone into a population collapse that will be difficult to come out of and absolutely dashes its prospects.
Last edited by BrianStapleton on Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I teach 1-hour English classes online and correct essays with comments. Classes are ongoing, weekly, and flexible.
Contact me via private message to schedule a class.

https://youtube.com/@brianstapleton5148?feature=shared
Jemigax

Post by Jemigax »

china is a great country, you can both admire it and be horrified by it. unfortunately the large population reflects badly on the lives of ordinary chinese people. but it is also a very developed country, which some countries cannot boast of. the people of china are peculiar to me. i have only been to the provinces of china, so i can't say much about them.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my post, as it was only informative in nature.
Ирландец никогда не бывает пьян до тех пор, пока он может держаться за одну травинку, чтобы не упасть с земли.