Database provider which supports Apache Kafka?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

OliMeyZ

Database provider which supports Apache Kafka?

Post by OliMeyZ »

Hello out there,

right at the beginning I would like to apologize for my English. It is not my native language and I am currently doing a semester abroad in London. Here I am working for a company in the IT sector as an intern. Luckily I found this job, so I can gain experience while studying. The job is a bit too much for me, because I have to find a suitable database provider on my first day. I know a lot about databases and I know what to look for, but there is a special requirement: The provider has to support the Apache Kafka program. Unfortunately I don't know what to do with Apache Kafka. I have read that you can export data with it. But why do I need a database provider, if the program can do it by itself anyway?

Help! :roll:
ragger

Re: Database provider which supports Apache Kafka?

Post by ragger »

Don't worry, it's not so bad if you don't know everything on your first day. This is perfectly normal! It also plays along with the nervousness you are confronted with. A completely different country, far away from home and you can't even communicate in your mother tongue. It's very brave of you to take on this challenge anyway!

Apache Kafka is a free software, which is used especially for processing data streams. Kafka is designed to store and process data streams and provides an interface for loading and exporting data streams to third party systems. Apacha Kafka therefore does not export the data itself, but acts as an interface. Therefore you need a provider for all the data. I work with the DBaaS provider Aiven. It supports Apache Kafka as well as many other programs. This might be helpful for your company, since you have everything in one program and don't have to download a hundred of different software. Furthermore, you can access the data streams from anywhere, because Aiven works with clouds.

Hope I could help you!