Interview on online experience

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Kon Li Min

Interview on online experience

Post by Kon Li Min »

Hi everyone!

I have just enrolled for a degree course on Teaching English as a Second Language. And I have an assignment to interview a person who has taken online English classes. Would anyone like to volunteer for my interview? We can use Microsoft Teams to conduct the interview... Thank you so much.

Below is a look at the task I am required to do:
· Select a case (a student who is currently or has attended online English classes) and interview him or her, taking into considerations the student’s perspectives or view on online learning motivation.

· Based on the interview, write a report to summarise your findings (what makes a student wants to learn in an online setting?) and discuss how different factors or variables (e.g. needs, beliefs, goals, interest and emotions) influence students’ motivation and engagement in online classes. You should also identify the challenges faced by the learner when attending online classes, and propose ways to overcome them.

· You are required to record the interview session and take notes during the interview.

· The whole interview session should be around 15 minutes. You are required to develop your own protocols, or sets of questions for the task. Prior to the interview, you should obtain proper consent from the participant. The data collected should remain confidential. The use of pseudonyms or fictitious name is acceptable.

Regards,
Li Min
Ryaan

Re: Interview on online experience

Post by Ryaan »

It's wise to remind yourself of the professional experience you provided during the application process so you know what expectations you have set for the interviewer. Study the most relevant experiences on your resume, cover letter and formal application, and focus on the duties, skills and accomplishments of each.