How important is speaking English for you?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

PilarCP

Re: How important is speaking English for you?

Post by PilarCP »

As far as I'm concerned speaking English is essential to move around the world, because is one of the most used languages. I love traveling and to me is very important to be fluent in English.
Moreover, a lot of jobs require of its knowledge. In my case, I don't need to speak it at work, but sometimes I need to read articles in this language.
gerardpa

Post by gerardpa »

In my opinion, speaking English is very important. Nowadays, this language is the most spoken in the world so in most countries people us this to comunicate with foreigns or to speak each other. What's more, in my profession, the phisiotherapy, is necessary because all important conferences are in English and the most studies are written in English. So it's important for me dominate this language.
gerardpa

Post by gerardpa »

In my opinion, speaking English is very important. Nowadays, is the language that more people in he world speak so it's necessary to comunicate with foreigns or to talk with persons of other countries. What's more, I'm fisiotherapist and in this profesion the conferences are in English and most studies are written in English too. So I have to dominate this language in the future.
EstibalizDZ

Post by EstibalizDZ »

There are many reasons to say that speaking English is very important for us.
I am going to introduce you some of them.
First one, English helps us to have more opportunities to find a good job. Nowdays, living in the global world makes us to be connected between countries and to communicate with people who lives in another part of the world.
Another reason it is the necessity of English when you want to go abroad on Holiday.
These are the most important reasons of Speaking English for me.
brianropero

Post by brianropero »

So far as is known, humans communicate each other through a serie of codes and signs, known as language. Between the huge number of 7.000 languages around the world, english is one of the most spoken languages. So, knowing this tongue allow us to communicate with people that live on the other side of the earth. Actually, this have a lot of advantages: it enables you to travel and visit to a lot of countries without communication issues, enables you to work in this places and, of course, make news friends! Therefore, learning English help me to live in this globalisation, interconnected world, looking beyond to my country!
MarcGuerrero

Post by MarcGuerrero »

From my personal point of view speaking English is necessary for my life.
In the future, I will need knowledge of English to be able to work in my job in other countries. Furthermore, if I want to receive an engineer title I will need to have a minimum level of English. On the other hand also, I would like to travel to many countries where English is needed to communicate.
In conclusion, I need this language to make my dreams come true and to grow up.
Adrielfdez

Post by Adrielfdez »

Nowadays english is one of the most important and spoken languages. I use English a lot because I love music, I love understand the music I listen and English is the most common language in the music I listen. I do not understand all but I will practise my listening to understand all my favourite singers. And also English is so important for getting a job. I can only say that English is an useful skill for our day to day.
luciamiranda

Post by luciamiranda »

We all know that nowadays English is such an essential language and practicing is the best way to learn it. English will be part of the future of many youths and it is also the present of most of the society. Numerous people work in international companies which need English speakers, social media is generally used in English to talk and interact with people around the world. These are examples of uses of English in our daily living. Learning languages helps our brain to keep working memory and avoid any memory illness as well.
conchids

Post by conchids »

English is the most important important language around the world. Why? Millions of people at the world are speaking English, either because it is your mother tongue or because they are learning this language at the school. For this reason, you could travel to the most hidden place in the world and you will find anyone speaks English in.
If you love travel abroad , you should speak a bit of English. It is necessary to meet foreing people and other cultures.
On the other hand, people who speak fluenty English have more opportunities in your job.
jessicagil

Post by jessicagil »

I have read the other opinions and I agree with most of them. Nowadays speaking English is very important for everything. It can makes your live easier. For example, if you speak English, is easy and fast find a job. I think that you have more possibilities than other person. Regarding songs, for me is fantastic understand lyrics, it may be because I love listen to music. On the other hand, if we talk about films, is better watch a film in original version than in Spanish. And to finish off, if you like travel abroad, speaking English makes you feel more confortable and safe away from home.
nspnuria

Post by nspnuria »

Miguel wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 am How important is speaking English for you?

In my opinion, I think that English is one of the most important languages at the moment. We find it everywhere. Currently, the English is spoken in the most tourist places and for a lot of people, it's considerate the business language. If you want to travel outside Spain, you have to use English. It’s a very good form to communicate because it’s an idiom that everybody more or less knows. It’s important to jobs too. You Will have more opportunities if you know it well and you Will able to work outside your country.
llcaro

Post by llcaro »

Nowadays, I have no doubt that speaking English is very important. Firstly, to have a good job since it's business language, or simply to work because every day you have to have more knowledge and skills to access the working world.

In addition, it's necessary to travel because it allows us to develop around the world.

Therefore it would be interesting that this language could be studied in schools since childhood to have a trilingual population.
Amandabm

Post by Amandabm »

In my opinion, speaking English is necessary in these days. Currently that language is spoken by millions of people and it is becoming like a universal language.
On the one hand, if you love traveling, probably you won't have problems to communicate if you speak English. Always there is a person who know that language.
On the other hand nowadays to speak different languages open your posibilites to improve your job, your goals or to do a change in your career.
Definitely, there are many reason for learning English and these are the main for my.
MARYPOPINS

Post by MARYPOPINS »

Front my point of view, speaking English is the key that opens the door at our globalised world. It allows us to share knowledge, It rewards us culturally, It teachs us the diversity of thoughs, ideas and opinions around the world. As far as I’m concerned, the more I speak it, the more I understand the world and consequently, I consider that this learning makes me much more free and opens my mind.
In addition, there are scientist proofs that to speak a new language is likely one of the best exercicis for our brain. At the same time to be multicultural give us far more resources, skills and abilities in our daily lifes.
To sum up, It’s a fun activity that It suppose a challenge for me and meanvhile, I improve my health and my life.

Cori
UnhayJC

Post by UnhayJC »

Nowadays English has become the universal language. If we haven't had this language, we didn't understand the cultures and the beginning of other countries because we speak a different language and we wouldn't understand between us. In this case, English is like a connector between countries and that's why I think English is very important.
MariPau

Post by MariPau »

Nowadays, it is very important to speak English for a lot of reasons.
For instance, if you want to study or to work abroad with people from different nationalities you will speak in English with them because it is the most common second language in the word. So English enables you to communicate easily with citizens over the word.
It is the language of business. Global companies expect employees to be fluent speaking it.
Another reason to speak English is to communicate easily when you travel. If you love visiting foreign countries it is very useful to speak English. You can make friends and meet people from different countries and also discover different cultures.
To conclude, speaking English gives you access to a world of technology and science.
lennon@mhysa

Post by lennon@mhysa »

For me to speak ad understand this language is almost a matter of honor. I began to learn English mainly for my children.
I believe that parents are the referents of their children and therefore we must always be an example for them.

Once I understood that I sincerely wanted to be a source of pride for my children, the situation changed and I realized that what I really wanted was to be a pride for myself!
From that moment I felt hungry and thirsty for everything that surrounded this language. When I listened to a song I wanted to understand what that liryc was telling me,when I saw a movie I wanted to understand that I was living and feeling its characters ... And so on and so forth.

But this has only just begun!
Vicente

Post by Vicente »

On my point of view English is not important, It is essential.
If you require travelling or You like to travell, You need to speak English.

Every year I say to my children and students: "English isn´t the future, It´s the present". If they (of course me too) would like to know the reality of other contries or cultures, English is required.

So, If You would like to travel to foreing countries, You need, last but no least,a basic or survival level of English
marcgvernet

Post by marcgvernet »

Learn how to talk, to listen, and to read English, is one of the most important factors to get job or study.
In terms of get a job, it's just demanded from companies to get any position into them.
And as study, it just means more possibilities of different carriers, as you can study anywhere else, than in your country.
andreapadua

Post by andreapadua »

In my opinion speaking English nowdays is essential. The world is globalized and English has become a universal language. If you speak English you could work and live in many countries around the world.

Although this evidence, English isn't only important for work, even if you don't plan to go abroad, learning a now language is a tresaure... Why? Because you can read a book or a newspaper; see a film or listen radio in original language, and, of course, you can travel and comunicate without troubles. Travel and know many different people it's my great motivation to learn. Finally, we must remember that learning a language is a pleasure.
Txaro

Post by Txaro »

Why is important for me improve my English speaking?

For me is a very necessary think, because i have to take to my students around Europe, to carry out their Erasmus+ scholarships.

I have fear, of not understand my European Partners, or colleagues, and to have problems with this.

Also, my low speaking level is a handicap to increase the number of companies that may be potential partners, and improve the supply for my pupils.

However, I have been trying to progress my listening and speaking skills, doing exercises and hard working all the situations I can find.

I have to get out of my comfort zone.
Txaro
Juliamoriana

Post by Juliamoriana »

In my honest opinion, English is the most important language in the world. In most of the countries where you can travel, English is the main language. With English you can understand and communicate with everything.
English can not only help you travel, in my job, for example, it’s manly de only language which we can all understand. In my department we are from different countries and nationalities and for this reason it’s easier speak English. We use English in meetings to talk about bussines and also in our lunch to explain the live outside the office too.
In summary, we need one universal language to communicate between the countries.
EsterCaSol

Post by EsterCaSol »

When I was studying illustration, I did an Erasmus scholarship to an animation studio in Scotland. I didn't know much English and I couldn't relate much to my classmates. I felt very stupid. When I arrived in Barcelona, I was aware of the importance of communicating with people from other countries and speaking other languages. So I signed up to the EOI.
Today I still think that this trip changed me a lot.
dtoro

Post by dtoro »

Speaking English is important to me for several reasons, but the most important is to show myself that I can do it. I have been “studying English” all my life and speaking correctly and fluently has always been my pending subject, and I hope to achieve it. On the other hand, it is also important for my job because I travel to conferences and I have to explain my work and talk with other people. I hope to get it!
salarcon

Post by salarcon »

For me English is very important because if you want to find a good job and if you have a fluent English it's sure you can have any job without any problem. As well Spain is a very popular touristic destination where you can see in the street a lot of tourist and if you know how to speak English well then you can communicate with all nationalities since English is a universal language. Also if you want to work or emigrate to another country you will find much easier an employment.
Besides all of this for me personally in my job it is very important.

Sonia Alarcon
oduyorjr

Post by oduyorjr »

English is a very important because it is considered an international language. English is used in business and communications. Social Media is written in English. Grand events are hosted using English language. There are also lots of people from different countries who can speak in English.
Duyor Review and Tutorial Center
mrjaco

Post by mrjaco »

I believe that speaking English is basic in my life because I have to use this language every day in my job and every holidays when I go abroad to travel. On the one hand, if I continue improving my speaking, I will be able to resolve almost all problems that my customers can have. On the other hand, I will be able to travel around the world without communication problems. In my opinion, learning languages is the best way to become us in smart people.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

PilarCP wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 pm As far as I'm concerned speaking English is essential to move around the world, because is one of the most used languages. I love traveling and to me is very important to be fluent in English.
Moreover, a lot of jobs require of its knowledge. In my case, I don't need to speak it at work, but sometimes I need to read articles in this language.

Hello ,
You are right , we need to have communication with people in other countries , and English is an international language , so it is essential to learn it .

Also it is needed to improve our speaking .
There is a chatroom in Whatsapp , we can speak english together , you can join to it
the following link

https://chat.whatsapp.com/DZ9KrFVTuJ19BgL4s0qd43

see you
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Manusha

Post by Manusha »

English is very important for me Now. I want to speak English fluently to reach my career in next level.
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Speaking English

Post by Miguel »

Enric wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:47 pm
Miguel wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 am How important is speaking English for you?
As far as I'm concerned, English is mandatory if you have any expectations of working abroad, otherwise it's practically imposible to reach this goal. I would like to work un the USA, so I have to improve my English to, at least, fluent levels.
Great work Enric!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Luismaeso wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 pm From my point of view speaking is the most important skill in Eenglish because is the one that we are going to use more in our daily life and for that reason we have to improve it practising every time we have time. That doesn't mean that we don't have to practise the other skills, of course we have but I don't think that at the same level because normallly for the big majority of people is the hardest skill.
Goo work!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Anaabel wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm In my opinion speak english is very important in this moment. This lenguage has become an international. It is the language most used in the world. For this reason, I think speak English can help me in a laboral future. Speaking English can open many new job opportunities. I can work in my country and if I can not find a job I can try it in another country.
Another thing that I think is important is the many new people I can meet. If I can speak English, I would can talk and share experiences with other people of different cultures. This aspect is really excited, right?
In addition, I believe that speak different languages is good for myself. If I speak many languages I will can do many things that other people can't. I will can enjoy my trips more if I know the language of the country where I am going, for exemple.
In conclusion, speak english can give me many new experiences and opportunities that can help myself.
Hi Anabel, could you please correct your mistakes, thanks. I will see you in class if you need my help
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

FernandoMD wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:52 pm In my experience speaking English is very important and mandatory because I work in an international company and all our communications are in English. So that, I need English in my day to day. Also, if you have a fluent English, you can get a better position inside the company or a job in other company abroad. It is also necessary if you want to meet people from other countries. I believe if you speak English, all will be advantages.
Hi Fernando, correct your mistakes and talk to me if you need my help
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

lauraherrera wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:36 pm From my point of view speaking English is important because it is the universal language therefore we can communicate with people from all over the world. Can you imagine that the love of your life is on the other side of the world and thanks to English you can find it? :roll:
Good work Laura.
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

JuanSanchez wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Nowadays, learning English is important almost for everyone, but each of has different motivations.
In my case, there are many reasons to improve my English, especially get a better job but also watch a movie without subtitles, listen to a record without looking for the lyrics or travel abroad with fluent English.
Good job Juan!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

adela wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:09 pm I believe that learning a language
makes to work my brain
and this is a positive thing for retired people.
Personally, I chose to study English when I became retired because my two children are living in foreign countries and I have to travel frequently. English can help me to solve some problems when I travel.
I have no doubt that nowadays, English is necessary for everybody because English is an international language.
GReat work Adela!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

ariadnaribau wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 pm Hello! From my point of view It's really important to speak english . For example, if you want to go travelling , english It is considered the most used language around the World. If you want to apply for a job, I believe that
the
english language It is very important. And in the most famous films , actors actually are from USA. But , I have not doubt that the most important thing for me is speaking english very good!! {-: .
Good job Ariadna!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

rubenledo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:27 am Nowadays is very important speaking English because you can use it in any place in the world and have to a fluency comunication. In addition, if you want to improve in your career or if you are looking for a new job, speaking english will be imprescindible.

When you go abroad for travel or work is dificult to understand the others because them have diferents costums, time-tables, etc...but if the language is the same all is easier.

For exemple,
it isn't
isn't the same TO watch a serieS or film in original version that in dubbed version, because you could lost the essence of the characters.
Hi Ruben, check your mistakes and try not to translate from Spanish when you are writing in English. Don't hesitate to talk to me if you need my help
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

victoriana wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:13 pm As far as I am concerned, speaking English is the first step to meet and communicate with foreign people. It is a very important thing if you like to travel. As well, we have access to more of the world's information. Also, you can learn to listen to music and sing in a fun way. Moreover, to be bilingual has a lot of benefits. Because off, are better protected against mental illnesses such as Alzheimer's.
In conclusion, being bilingual or multilingual have many benefits and advantages for us.
Good job Victoriana!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Toniii wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:32 pm I believe that speaking English is basic in my life because I have to use this language every day in my job and every holidays when I go abroad to travel. On the one hand, if I continue improving my speaking, I will be able to resolve almost all problems that my customers can have. On the other hand, I will be able to travel around the world without communication problems. In my opinion, learning languages is the best way to become us in smart people.
on the one hand/on the other are contrast linkers
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dicti ... e-one-hand
FernandoMD

Post by FernandoMD »

Miguel wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 am
FernandoMD wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:52 pm In my experience speaking English is very important and mandatory because I work in an international company and all our communications are in English. So that, I need English in my day to day. Also, if you have a fluent English, you can get a better position inside the company or a job in other company abroad. It is also necessary if you want to meet people from other countries. I believe if you speak English, all will be advantages.
Hi Fernando, correct your mistakes and talk to me if you need my help
[/quote]
In my experience speaking English is very important and mandatory because I work in an international company and all our communications are in English. Furthermore, I need English in my day to day. Also, if you have a good level of English, you can get a better position in your company or a new job at a new company here or abroad. It is also necessary if you want to meet people from other countries. I believe if you speak English,all are advantages.
[/quote]
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Sonia wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:15 pm Today, those who don't know English aren't going anywhere. I mean that it's as important as eating every day. If you don't know English, you can't get a job. When I say a job, I mean any job… from a supermarket cashier to a street cleaner (sweeper) or a bank job.
This generation and future ones have to be international. The more you know, the further you go.
Whether for leisure (travel), for improving work, even by yourself.
The best option is to include it in daily learning from childhood.
Good job Sonia!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

LolaRuiz wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:41 pm In my opinion speaking English is important because I can connect with many topics from other points of view. I enjoy when I understand the lyrics of the songs original vertion movies or some conversations at the next table in a bar. I don't need to speak English in my work needer in my daily life but, currently it is one of my main hobbies and I enjoy it a lot ! Next Christmas holidays I will travel to west coast of US with my big family in a caravan travel and I hope to practice my English every day.
Great job Lola, please correct your mistakes and talk to meif you need any help.
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Duque wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:51 pm Espeaking English is the window of the world! English is the language of the main importat sciences, such as Technology or Medicine. If I want to improve in all aspects of my life i Must learn it, nowadays is not an option there are thousands of millions people who speak in English and I would like to comunicate perfectly with them!
Good job Duque!
Miguel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miguel »

Mariapilar wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:23 pm Hello!
I'd just like to say that Speaking English allows you to actually broaden your world, from job opportunities to the ability to relate to people from every country when you travel.
Anywhere you want to go in the world you can find someone who speaks English because there are more than 400 million native English speakers.
We must recognize that English is an international language, the main language of this planet, followed by spanish.

Also, most of the international trade agreements are concluded in English, and is the most widely used language for international business meetings.

Finally, I think it's important to say that , in addition, it is known that learning a language can delay the onset of Alzheimer's, for this reason to study another language different from the native, like English,it is always good for your mental health.

I encouraged you to learn English! The benefits are many

Regards.

Pilar Perancho
:ok:
Excellent Pilar
victoriana

Post by victoriana »

Miguel wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 am
victoriana wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:13 pm As far as I am concerned, speaking English is the first step to meet and communicate with foreign people. It is a very important thing if you like to travel. As well, we have access to more of the world's information. Also, you can learn to listen to music and sing in a fun way. Moreover, to be bilingual has a lot of benefits. Because off, are better protected against mental illnesses such as Alzheimer's.
In conclusion, being bilingual or multilingual have many benefits and advantages for us.
( As well as. Be bilingual. because of. have to. ) corrected.
Good job Victoriana!
Giovannarisz

Post by Giovannarisz »

Speaking english it is, in fact, a great help in the world, specially considering the globalisation. However, I guess that other topics of discussion should be told about it, as, for example, how the way everyone constantly worship this acculturation phenomenon can lead us, actually, to an idea of north americam supremacy,.that has been actually seen in many aspects of contemporaneity.
Just a thought.
ragger

Post by ragger »

For me it is very important because if I go somewhere else (for work, for education, for vacation e.g.) then I can communicate almost everywhere in the world. I hate it if I am somewhere and the people cannot speak just a little bit english (if it is not their foreign language and they are in another country). You know what I mean?
llazy

Post by llazy »

The speaking English is a tool to help me "move", travel abroad to learn many different cultures. The speaking English is a tool to help me read more and more books to improve myseft. Speaking English help me not be lonely, I'll have more friend, more topics, and enrich my life. Speaking English makes me to be a more useful person.
introzz

Post by introzz »

For me it's pretty important, cause it's all about my work responsibilities and how fast I can react on different circumstances, which I face on my working spot. Few weeks ago, a friend of mine recommended me this article from resource Preply, where they have collected some useful information of how to start speaking American English like a local. They have plenty of other articles on their resource, and pretty awesome online tutors, who can help in learning of any language you want. I like such websites.