Let's learn together!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

MajidY

Re: Hi Majid!

Post by MajidY »

behnam wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:18 am Dear Majid,

Welcome! How are you doing? I hope you are doing well.
I am Behnam from Iran. Your English is excellent. I am not good enough to correct you, but there are some structures which seem unusual to me. I am not sure, maybe your sentences are correct, but my eyes perhaps do not see as well as before.

For example, I prefer to write "very happy for being here to learn English and to establish friendship in order to get familiar...".

"I hope learning from each other and give love together..." sounds a little bit unusual. I am not sure, check the structure.

All the best,
Behnam, 30 March, 2023
Dear Behnam
what are you doing? everything well?
firstly, thank you for your kindly response and correcting my words.
please don't hesitate in this way.
I like your kinda writing. it's clear, simple and pleasant for understanding. I hope to be good in English like you and learn more from you.
as you know learning english needs enough and effective practice. in my opinion, speaking skill is harder than others skills to learn (writing, listening, reading,…). because individual practice it's not enough for learning it. what's your advice and experience for improve in speaking skill?

I have other question related to my words. which one of below sentences is more correct?
speaking skill is harder than others skills to learn.
speaking skill is harder than others skills for learning.
what's the difference in meaning of them?

Sincerely yours,
Majid
MajidY

Re: The Power Of Belief

Post by MajidY »

Dear Mohsen,

thank you for sharing this wonderful and true story.
actually, both motivation and belief are the precious properties to achievement.
I believe that most of people take their abilities less than what they are. everyone could go one step more to forward from their current position. although we have to consider that belief ourself is different of dream. truly belief is along with trying and motion to forward that come up planning. so, boarder of them is so thin and sometimes it can cause misunderstanding. besides, we have to accept this fact that motivation and belief aren't only requirements to achievement.

Best Regards,
Majid
behnam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Dear Majid!

Post by behnam »

Dear Majid,

It was very nice to read your post. Thank you very much for your positive feedback and encouragement. Your writing skill is excellent.

About improving speaking skill, based on my own experience, talking with friends from different nations helps a lot. These days, many people are learning English in all over the words. Speaking with them is really helpful in practicing and then developing speaking skill.

These days I am learning French. When learning English, besides participating in an institute, I used to chat with my friends on the Internet. For example, Skype provides an easy and cheap way to meet people with common goals, to form friendship, and to speak with them. It is really a brilliant way to master speaking skill. I strongly recommend you to try it.

About your question, I think the correct structure is "It is hard/difficult for someone to do something". According to this structure, "for" should be used before people and "to" before verbs!

I hope it helps.

All the best,
Behnam, 10 Avril, 2023

ارادتمند شما
*B.Younessi *
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Let's learn together!

Post by SitangCampus »

Hi, friends of Iran!

I learned from a number of we-media outlets that recently the allied forces led by Iran and Saudi Arabia attacked Israel, and that for the first time Israel that has looked down upon the whole Arabian muslim world did not show its bravery as ever and tried to settle the conflict in diplomatic manner. I do not know whether this is fake news or not.

Israel is without the support of the US this time and that is why it becomes like a tortoise that retracts its head into the shell after its head was hard hit. LOL.

By the way, today is the traditional festival "Sanyuesan" of the Zhuang ethnic people in southern China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonmous Region, where a lot of celebratory activities are being held including the well known conversational singing between male and female groups. If you see a feature film "Singer Sister Liu San", you will get the idea what it is like, yes, very entertaining.
MajidY

Post by MajidY »

SitangCampus wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:01 am Hi, friends of Iran!

I learned from a number of we-media outlets that recently the allied forces led by Iran and Saudi Arabia attacked Israel, and that for the first time Israel that has looked down upon the whole Arabian muslim world did not show its bravery as ever and tried to settle the conflict in diplomatic manner. I do not know whether this is fake news or not.

Israel is without the support of the US this time and that is why it becomes like a tortoise that retracts its head into the shell after its head was hard hit. LOL.

By the way, today is the traditional festival "Sanyuesan" of the Zhuang ethnic people in southern China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonmous Region, where a lot of celebratory activities are being held including the well known conversational singing between male and female groups. If you see a feature film "Singer Sister Liu San", you will get the idea what it is like, yes, very entertaining.
Dear SitangCampus,
I hope you are doing well. I don’t know about you but it seems you are interested in political issues. unfortunately, for years, battle is part of middle east that just leads to destroy. I hope a day coming soon without war and full of peaceful.
In addition, politics is always complicated. but something is clear that Saudi fundamentally has been changing its politics at the middle east. Currently, it sounds that priority is development for them. economic and social development. so, they know properly development will be achieved on the peaceful way with countries of the region (Israel, Iran, and…).
Generally, all three of them (Israel, Iran, Saudi) are ideological countries and the history of humanity has shown that ideological countries don't serve the world and even their own people.
by the way, I hope the future competition in the middle east will be on development not war.

Also, you talked about your local celebration (traditional festival "Sanyuesan"), that's great and thanks for sharing that. obviously, China is an ancient country and I would like to knowing more about your culture.

All the best
Majid
SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by SitangCampus »

MajidY wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Dear SitangCampus,
I hope you are doing well. I don’t know about you but it seems you are interested in political issues. unfortunately, for years, battle is part of middle east that just leads to destroy. I hope a day coming soon without war and full of peaceful.
In addition, politics is always complicated. but something is clear that Saudi fundamentally has been changing its politics at the middle east. Currently, it sounds that priority is development for them. economic and social development. so, they know properly development will be achieved on the peaceful way with countries of the region (Israel, Iran, and…).
Generally, all three of them (Israel, Iran, Saudi) are ideological countries and the history of humanity has shown that ideological countries don't serve the world and even their own people.
by the way, I hope the future competition in the middle east will be on development not war.

Also, you talked about your local celebration (traditional festival "Sanyuesan"), that's great and thanks for sharing that. obviously, China is an ancient country and I would like to knowing more about your culture.

All the best
Majid
Hi, my friend. Thank you for your reply. Are you new here? Which country are you from?
It is not very correct that I am a fan of politics. I have many other interests too. We in China learn this subject since our childhood and in our everyday life we are all exposed to things in connection with politics. Whether a country thrives or declines, it is the responsibility of all the individual citizens of it.
I definitely agree with you we should focus ourselves on development, not on war, but in this world, when you want to have a peaceful life, some people with evil thoughts always try to make it impossible. That's why we should expose their nasty minds and deeds. For example, both Russians and Ukrainians do not like to have war, but the NATO and the US do not want the war to stop despite the much efforts made by China and other peace-loving persons and organizations.
Returing to the topic of local celebration, yes, there were many interesting things including crowds of people in the streets and scenic spots taking pictures and having fun, singing and dancing and eating foods in great variety.
You are welcome to visit China, it is a beautiful and most important, a safe country, where you don't have to worry about being stolen or robbed.
catabuyogty

Post by catabuyogty »

I learned more English when i was chatting in a paid community website . I had read a lot of English books that's why i have learned using present perfect , past perfect and future perfect tense in my sentences whenever i keep chatting with my friends online.
Mohsen
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Location: No.7,Charso lane,walk down,You’ll arrive to the garden of sense,Naghshejahan square,Esfahan,Iran

Post by Mohsen »

Dear Iranian Friends,
Happy new year to you ,have the most blessing year in 1403.
I wish the world peace , and it is impossible until the terrorist government of Israel would be destroyed.
Pray for innocent people of Guza, where many children and mothers were killed by Israel bombarding, that God save them.
B.Regards
Mustafa Mohseni Isfahani
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

Mohsen wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:10 am Dear Iranian Friends,
Happy new year to you, have the most blessing year in 1403.
I wish the world peace, and it is impossible until the terrorist government of Israel would be destroyed.
Pray for innocent people of Guza, where many children and mothers were killed by Israel bombarding, that God save them.
B.Regards
Best wishes to you too, Mohsen, on this longest of all threads on EnglishClub.com {-;
We pray equally for the people of Gaza and all innocent people everywhere.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven